Tarina Fe 1/20 EQ®
(norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP and ferrous fumarate tablets) 1 mg/20 mcg and 75 mg
Tarina Fe 1/20 EQ® is an AB-rated generic oral contraceptive.
Junel® Fe 1/20, Larin™ Fe 1/20, Microgestin® Fe 1/20, and Tarina® Fe 1/20
- A progestogen-estrogen combination oral contraceptive.
- Monophasic administration regimen
- 21 light yellow to yellow tablets of norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets
- 7 brown placebo tablets of ferrous fumarate to help ease administration
- Combined in a 28-day tablet blister pack
The Product Information Sheet features a summary of all relevant product information including Tarina Fe 1/20 EQ® (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP and ferrous fumarate tablets) 1 mg/20 mcg and 75 mg product details, product description, NDC number, and product features.Download Now
- Use of oral contraceptives may increase menstrual cycle regularity, decrease blood loss, and decrease incidence of both iron-deficiency anemia and dysmenorrhea
- Oral contraceptives may decrease the incidence of functional ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancies
Breakthrough bleeding and spotting are sometimes encountered in patients on oral contraceptives, especially during the first three months of use. Non-hormonal causes should be considered, and adequate diagnostic measures taken to rule out malignancy or pregnancy in the event of breakthrough bleeding. Some women may encounter post-pill amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea, especially when such a condition was preexistent.
It is recommended that for any patient who has missed two consecutive periods, pregnancy should be ruled out before continuing oral contraceptive use. If the patient has not adhered to the prescribed schedule, the possibility of pregnancy should be considered at the time of the first missed period. Oral contraceptive use should be discontinued if pregnancy is confirmed.
Common side effects of oral contraceptives include irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting, difficulty wearing contact lenses, fluid retention, darkening of the skin, changes in appetite, headache, nervousness, depression, dizziness, loss of scalp hair, rash, and vaginal infections.
The use of oral contraceptives is associated with increased risks of several serious conditions including myocardial infarction, thromboembolism, stroke, hepatic neoplasia, and gallbladder disease, although the risk of serious morbidity or mortality is very small in healthy women without underlying risk factors.View Full Prescribing Information, Including Boxed Warning
Distributor & Ordering Info
Tarina Fe 1/20 EQ®
Package Size: A Carton Containing 3 Pouches
|1-800-331-2632 (Ext. 74591)
|Morris & Dickson
|R & S Northeast