(levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol) transdermal system 120 mcg/day levonorgestrel and 30 mcg/day ethinyl estradiol
Twirla is a once weekly combined hormonal contraceptive patch.
Afaxys is an authorized promotional partner for Twirla®.
- Twirla is the first and only combined hormonal once-weekly birth control patch delivering a low dose of estrogen.1-5
- Twirla is for use in women of reproductive potential with a BMI <30 kg/m2 for whom a combined hormonal contraceptive is appropriate. Consider Twirla’s reduced effectiveness in women with a BMI ≥25 to <30 kg/m2 before prescribing. Twirla is contraindicated in women with a BMI > 30 kg/m2.
- Delivers 30 mcg of estrogen daily, the lowest exposure of estrogen in a transdermal contraceptive option.2-4
- Proprietary patch technology, designed with a woven, flexible fabric and proven to stay in place.1 In a clinical trial, 95% of Twirla patches adhered, while 5% of patches fully detached.
- Each box contains 3 Twirla transdermal systems
- A noninvasive method without the need for same-time-every-day dosing1
- Once-weekly application: patients wear 1 patch every week for 3 weeks and no patch during week 4. Patient should check daily to ensure edges haven’t lifted.
- Self-applied to one of the following locations on the skin: buttock, abdomen, or upper torso (excluding the breast).1,2 The most common side effects reported by women using Twirla in a clinical study were skin reactions at the patch site, nausea, headache, dysmenorrhea, and weight gain.
- Estrogen delivery over 7 days without the daily serum highs and lows of oral delivery2
- Efficacy and safety were established in a purposefully inclusive trial that featured a diverse study population, closely representative of the demographics of women across the US1
- In the SECURE Trial, Twirla was found to be a safe with proven tolerability as a weekly option in women with a BMI <30 kg/m2 for whom a combined hormonal contraceptive is appropriate1,2
Visit Twirla.com/HCP for more information, resources, and tools.
Take a closer look at Twirla and its novel Skinfusion technology: Watch the Twirla Patch Design video
Help your patients learn how to apply Twirla: Watch the Twirla Patch Application videoView Full Prescribing Information, Including Boxed Warning
Distributor & Ordering Info
Package Size: Box containing 3 transdermal systems
|ANDA||1-800-331-2632 (Ext. 74591)||www.andanet.com||331094|
|R & S Northeast||1-800-262-7770||www.rsnortheast.com||01000300|